Registration of biometric passport Turkmenistan for departure from Turkmenistan and entry to Turkmenistan has been commenced on July, 10th, 2008.
1. The passport of the citizen of Turkmenistan for departure from Turkmenistan and entry to Turkmenistan is the document providing the right to departure from Turkmenistan and entry to Turkmenistan and proving the identity of the citizen of Turkmenistan during its stay abroad.
2. The passport is the property of Turkmenistan and is valid for departure in all countries of the world. The passport is filled in Turkmen and English languages.
3. In case of loss of a by the citizen of Turkmenistan passport, the document providing the right to entry to Turkmenistan is an identification card on returning to Turkmenistan which is issued by diplomatic or consular missions of Turkmenistan abroad.
4. Citizens of Turkmenistan for passport reception should apply in bodies of the State migration service of Turkmenistan. For renewal of the passport, an application can be made 6 (six) months before the expiry date.
5. Reception of the personal application of a citizen in a written or electronic variant for passport issue is made according to legislation of Turkmenistan. Day of a documents acceptance from a citizen for passport issue is the day of acceptance of its electronic and biometric data. To minor persons and the persons recognized as incapacitated, passports are issued upon approval in a written or electronic variant of one of parents or other lawful representative. At reception of written approval and issue of passports to minor persons and persons recognized as incapacitated, their presence is mandatory.
According to the legislation of Turkmenistan children under 16 years, veterans, and disabled people of any category are excepted from payment of a State Tax or consular fees.
6. The passport is issued for a period up to five years. The passport is handed over personally to the owner or its lawful representative on official receipt upon presentation of the documents proving its identity.
7. If departure from Turkmenistan is related with urgent treatment of the leaving citizen or with heavy disease or death of close relative living outside of Turkmenistan, or with other urgent circumstances, the application for passport registration is considered within three work days.
8. The passport exchange is made in following cases:
- Upon termination of its period of validity;
- At change of personal data;
- At any discrepancy revealed in records;
- In case of its unfitness;
- Upon termination of the pages for visas and notes;
- At change of fingerprints, physiognomical characteristics of the citizen for health reasons or on other circumstances.
Note:If necessary, the passport may be replaced before the end of its term of validity.
9. The passport is cancelled in following cases:
- At passport replacement;
- At termination of citizenship of Turkmenistan;
- Owing to death of the owner of the passport;
- In case of impossibility of issue of the passport to the citizen owing to technical unfitness, discrepancy in data, change of fingerprints, physiognomical characteristics of the citizen due to health reasons of a citizen or on other circumstances.
At replacement of the passport after a puncture of its pages and stamp putting down «Ýatyryldy/Cancelled» on the first page the passport is returned to the holder.
Note: The found passports are subject to surrender to the Embassy of Turkmenistan in Ankara or General Consulate of Turkmenistan in Istanbul.